Palestine - Expenditure and Consumption Survey, PECS 1998 (For documentation only)
- The Statistical Package for Social Science (SPSS) is used to clean and harmonize the datasets.
- The harmonization process starts with cleaning all raw data files received from the Statistical Office.
- Cleaned data files are then all merged to produce one data file on the individual level containing all variables subject to harmonization.
- A country-specific program is generated for each dataset to generate/compute/recode/rename/format/label harmonized variables.
- A post-harmonization cleaning process is run on the data.
- Harmonized data is saved on the household as well as the individual level, in SPSS and converted to STATA format.