The individual data file contains generated individual-level harmonized variables, subject to availability, enveloped in the following categories:
- File identification and information
- Nationality and immigration
- Current labor status
- Employment in main job
- Wages and incomes
- Employment in secondary job
- Last held job characteristics
- Unemployment characteristics
- Inactivity reason(s)
In cross-sectional datasets, both CASESER and PNUM are used to uniquely identify an individual.
In panel data, the ROUND, CASESER and PNUM are required to uniquely identify a certain individual, while the HPNLID and PPNLID variables are used to identify paneled individuals.